Sudbury Quaker Meeting House

The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) has been active in Sudbury since the 17th century. Our Meeting House in Friars Street was built in 1805. In the 19th century a School Room was built on to the front of the building.

In recent years this room has been hired out to the Muslim community, to the Sudbury Art Society, the music group, the Sudbury branch of the United Nations organisation, and many other organisations.

Four years ago we were left a large legacy by John Savage. Some of this money was donated to various deserving charities in the Sudbury area, and the remainder dedicated to refurbishing the Meeting House. This work is now complete, and we are now meeting in a building which is fit for the 21st century.

The School Room and main Meeting Room are both available for hire. For more information:

 


Opening hours/days

You are very welcome to join us for Quaker Meetings; 10.30 – 11.30 am on Sundays.


Parking at Sudbury Quaker Meeting House

Parking at the Quay Theatre, 4 minutes walk to the meeting house, or at the Leisure Centre on Station Road, also 4 minutes walk.